Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Our New Name - "It's All Green!"

OK, I've been thinking...scary, huh? We started this whole thing out as a recycling project at our school and my students did a fantastic job with our humble beginnings, but now we are constructing a greenhouse, vermi-composting (yes, that is worms), planting seedlings, teaching floriculture and getting ready to re-introduce RECYCLING in the fall to our new students.
 


*Groundbreaking for our greenhouse*


We came a long way this past school year and everything we have accomplished centers around a "green movement" in our communities. I say communities because my students come from all over the South Valley area and can make a positive "green" contribution in their respective home community.

So, to recognize the growth we have experienced, I changed our blog name just a bit. Maybe it will work, maybe when the students come back in the fall, they will come up with something better, but for now, I like it. Do you?

3 comments:

  1. Sounds really good to me! Congratulations on a great start to a very meaningful project! Just wait! I believe it only gets better from here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne,

    I can't begin to tell you how excited I am about this project. Mark (our "green" tech) has been tirelessly starting plants for fall. We have big plans for plants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the new title. I have been very impressed by the amount of work students have been willing to do on the green house project. It is truly a team effort. I can't wait to see plants in it.

    ReplyDelete